POSITION DESCRIPTION: DEI & MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
NCIA believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. We strive to create and foster a supportive and understanding environment in which all individuals realize their maximum potential within the organization, regardless of their differences. We believe that the wide array of perspectives that results from workplace diversity promotes innovation and long-term organizational success.
The DEI & Membership Manager provides overall direction and management to advance the organization’s work related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including collaborating with other staff to develop and maintain all of NCIA’s content, member communications, social equity membership processing, internal HR practices, and external communications. The DEI & Membership Manager position revolves around four main job functions, including membership servicing, content creation and execution, sponsorship development, and building external partnerships. Background in cannabis policy, especially relating to social equity and communities of color, is desired.
The DEI & Membership Manager is responsible for:
Membership & DEI
- Selling sponsorships and managing sponsor fulfillment involving the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program, with sales paid on a commission basis;
- Handling routine and special communications with NCIA’s current and potential social equity members, as well as current and potential external partners and sponsors;
- Supporting certain aspects of NCIA’s membership sales program as it relates to DEI sponsorships;
- Coordinating NCIA’s DEI Member Committee;
- Supporting the events team in producing monthly Catalyst Conversations branded webinar focused on issues of importance to the cannabis equity community, including guest selection;
- Serving as the external representative for NCIA on DEI issues by attending industry events;
- Managing and hosting NCIA’s Cannabis Diversity Report podcast;
- Supporting membership retention functions and assist in customer service as needed, in coordination with colleagues in the Membership Department;
- Handling additional tasks as needed and dependent on the employee’s skill set, related to NCIA membership, events, staff training, talent recruitment, and organizational management;
- Upholding NCIA’s core values which include being accountable, ready for change, invested, team-oriented and responsive.
The DEI & Membership Manager shall report to NCIA’s COO and is part of the Membership Department. This position is a regular, full-time employee, and is eligible to participate in NCIA’s benefit plans as they may exist in accordance with the terms of the plans. This position is compensated through a combination of base salary commensurate with experience and sales commissions.
How to apply:
To apply, please upload a resume and a one-page cover letter as one PDF document to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please specify (1) how you learned about NCIA’s job opening; (2) why you are interested in working for NCIA; (3) your stance on U.S. drug policy and the state-legal cannabis industry’s role in reform, and (4) why you think you would excel in this position; and (5) your salary requirement. Feel free to include any other information you deem relevant, but please limit your cover letter to one page.
The cover letter and resume should be sent as one PDF document with the filename that includes the candidate’s first initial and last name.
Promising applicants will receive an email from us requesting more information and possibly a phone interview within approximately one week of receiving the application. Do not call NCIA at this stage.