Committee Insights: Recent Events Motivating Further Cannabis Testing Standardization
NCIA’s #IndustryEssentials webinars are our new weekly educational series featuring a variety of programs allowing us to provide you timely, engaging and essential education when you need it most.
The NCIA Committee Insights series showcases content produced in partnership with one of our 15 member-led committees.
In this webinar, the Scientific Advisory Committee will give an update on testing standardization in the Cannabis Industry. We will review which standards are in development from international Standards Development Organizations, such as ASTM International and AOAC International. We will also discuss recent events that are leading to the creation of more test method standards, such as vapor emissions testing motivated by EVALI cases. We will end with a conversation about what the Industry might look like in regard to testing once more standards are published.
Attendees will gain these key insights:
• Understand the meaning of “standards” and “standardization”
• Learn about the test method standards that are in development by ASTM and AOAC
• Learn about recent events that are leading to the creation of more test method standards
• Tiffany Coleman, Director of Quality and Processing, Carbidex, Franklin Fields, BioBizz, The Botanical Co.
• Jim Makoso, Director, Lucid Labs
• Luke Mason, Owner/Lab Director, Aurum Labs
• Alena Rodriguez, Managing Director, Rm3 Labs
NCIA is leading the cannabis industry's unified and coordinated campaign to ensure our business sector is treated fairly and has the opportunity to reach its full potential. Now - more than ever - is the time to invest in your business and the future of the industry by becoming a member.