Policy Council Conversations: The Medicine and Research of Cannabis
NCIA’s #IndustryEssentials webinar series is our premier digital educational series featuring a variety of interactive programs allowing us to provide you timely, engaging and essential education when you need it most.
Join the six primary authors of NCIA’s recently released whitepaper on the Medicine of Cannabis, an overview designed to help inform and guide policymakers and medical professionals on the science, history, and uses of medical cannabis. This publication was developed by scientists and doctors working with NCIA’s Policy Council and Scientific Advisory Committee, and promotes policies that facilitate further research and fair, legal access. On this webinar you’ll hear from the writing team itself, including physicians, veterinarians, and a PhD researcher as they discuss their paper and summarize what your doctor and policy maker needs to know.
• Overview the history of medical cannabis and its prohibition in the United States
• Brief intro to the Endocannabinoid System
• Explore the cannabis plant
• Learn about different conditions cannabis can treat and the research that backs it up
• Discuss policy implications for cannabis including the need to deschedule
• Dr. Stephen Dahmer MD, Chief Medical Officer, Vireo Health
• Dr. Paloma Lehfeldt MD, Director of Medical Education, Vireo Health
• Dr. Paul Muchowski PhD, Founder/CEO/CSO, Defined Research
• Dr. Lynn Parodneck MD, Medical Practitioner
• Dr. Tim Shu DVM, CEO, VETCBD
• Dr. Casara Andre DVM, Founder, Veterinary Cannabis Education & Consulting