NCIA’s #IndustryEssentials webinars are our weekly educational series featuring a variety of programs allowing us to provide you timely, engaging and essential education when you need it most. The NCIA Committee Insights series showcases content produced in partnership with one of our 15 member-led committees.
In this edition of our Committee Insights series hosted by NCIA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee and originally broadcast on Monday, August 24 we learned what to do to break through barriers and raise the capital you need.
Download the .PDF of the presentation here: http://bit.ly/2XxpGII
Are you a Social Equity Operator or Applicant seeking capital? Is access to capital a major barrier to your growth and stability in the Cannabis industry? Are you unsure of how the fundraising process works? Or perhaps you would like to assist Social Equity Applicants in their quest to raise capital, and would like a better understanding of their problems and obstacles. Hear from special guests who have successfully raised capital as minorities in Cannabis, and learn how they did it so you can too.
• Help Social Equity Applicants identify next steps to raise Capital, based on where they’re at in the process
• Provide personal experiences and perspective to facilitate mindset shift for Social Equity Applicants struggling to raise capital, particularly in the early stages
• Provide professional allies (such as attorneys, fund managers, financial advisors) with a deeper understanding of the barriers
• Khadijah Adams, President and Managing Member, Khadijah Adams LLC
• Karim Webb, CEO, 4thMVMT
• Seun Adedeji, CEO, Elev8 Cannabis
• Keyston Franklin, Halo Holding Group
• Mike Lomuto, Co-Founder, Boost
• Tahir Johnson, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager, National Cannabis Industry Association