Make an impact in the cannabis industry!
- NCIA’s Facilities Design Committee provides access to resources for the NCIA community and regulators that will inform the design and use of GMP-driven, sustainable and operationally efficient facilities to position our industry to compete in the global marketplace.
The FDC is open to all members of the National Cannabis Industry Association. If you have experience and passion in one of the following areas, we encourage you to apply:
- Systems engineering
- Controlled Environmental Agriculture
- Facility Design
- Environmental Systems & Controls
- Cultivation Licensing
- Cultivation Building
- Governmental standards or Associations
Value to You
- Gain recognition as a thought leader in the cannabis industry
- Give back to the industry through education, advocacy, and community building
- Network with other facility design experts across the U.S.
Participation Expectations & Required Commitment
Members who apply and are accepted must be willing and able to:
- Commit to an average of 2-4 hours per month
- Attend (virtually) monthly standing committee meetings
- Join a working group and contribute knowledge, writing, and resources
- Align with the mission of the FDC
Current Working Group Options
- U.S. Legalized States Design Matrix
- WGroup Leader – Tony Vannice
- Tools and Best Practices for StandardizationFacility Design
- WGroup Leader Shawn Cooney
- Include options for what to do your facility is not producing optimally?
- Design related regulations and standards bodies interconnects
- Inside NCIA
- Between NCIA and other regulatory bodies
- WG Leader – David Vaillencourt –
7/1/20-6/30/21 Committee Leadership
- Brian Anderson – Chairman Emeritus
- Peter Dougherty – Chairman
- Shawn Cooney – Vice Chairman
- David Vaillencourt – Secretary
Apply for the committee by August 1 using the committee application form.